Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Introduction

My blog, my choice of photo for the first post. If you can't tell, this is
Mo Farah winning gold in the 10,000m at the 2013 IAAF World Championships.

I don't really know what this blog is going to be. I felt like writing something today, so I started this blog. Ideally, it will be something I can come back to whenever I feel like expressing my thoughts on something important (primarily sports). But I know myself well enough to know that, because this site isn't for a grade and because it's not getting published (or rather, officially published) that I might just let it go for a while. And I'm okay with that. I write enough for other outlets that I don't need to keep a daily blog, but now I have someplace to post stuff when I don't have anywhere else to put it.

What I'd really like to do on this blog is break down sporting events that interest me. That means that the subject matter of this blog could range from a Red Sox-Blue Jays game to a Brighton-Huddersfield match to Super Bowl XLVIII. If I'm paying close enough attention to it to have an informed opinion -- and, more importantly, if I have the time and desire to write about it -- it will show up on this blog. I might have some other posts from time to time (or, as I mentioned earlier, I might not have any posts at all) but the focus will likely remain on sports.

That's basically it for now. If this ends up being a serious endeavor, you'll probably learn a lot more about this site by reading the posts than you will by referring back to this introduction. Until we meet again...

No comments:

Post a Comment